Rust is a multiplayer survival game that likes to test the limits of human patience. As you fight the constant horrors of this island, you might think sometimes that you would like something new.
Luckily, there are thousands of active servers that you can join at any time as long as you can find them in the endless list that appears when you open the game.
Recommended Read: How to Heal a Horse in Rust
However, you might have discovered an interesting server while browsing the internet or even created one yourself and want to join using the IP address.
To join a server using an IP address in Rust, you will need to either enter it as one of your favorites on Steam or use the console while in-game.
Table of Contents
How to Join a Server Using an IP Address in Rust
There are two ways to join a server in Rust using an IP address:
- Favorite the Server on Steam
- Use the Game Console
How to Favorite a Server on Steam
One of the easier methods to join a server in Rust using the IP address is adding it to your favorites on Steam. Here is how to do that:
- Open Steam and press the “View” button in the upper left corner.
- Click on the “Servers” option.
- You should automatically find yourself on the “Favorites” tab. If not, open it.
- Press the “Add Server” button in the bottom right corner.
- Insert the IP address of the server you want to join and select the “Add this Address to Favorites” button.
- Right-click the server and choose the “Connect to server” option to start Rust and join the server.
Doing this will also allow you to find the server in your Favorited tab when opening the game and looking for a server to join. You can join from there as well, rather than connecting through Steam.
How to Join a Server Using the Console in Rust
Another simple way to join a server in Rust using the IP address, if you already opened the game, is through the console:
- Press F1 to open the console.
- Type in “client.connect IP” and press enter.
Of course, instead of writing “IP,” you will have to paste the IP address. An IP address that you use to connect to a server should look something like this: 123.456.789.01:28015.
You can’t connect to a server if you don’t also have the numbers after the colon, which represent the port number. Usually, the number starts with 280, but the last 2 numbers can be different.
That’s everything you need to know about how to join a server using an IP address in Rust!
Have any input or suggestions for this guide? Let us know in the comment section below.