Have you noticed that some activities in Destiny 2 reward you with Pinnacle Gear instead of Powerful Gear? Are you curious as to what exactly Pinnacle Gear is?
In today’s article, we will quickly go over what Pinnacle Gear is, why you should care about it, and some of the best ways to obtain it.
Recommended Read: How to Get Heart of Inmost Light in Destiny 2
Pinnacle Gear is the only way to increase your Power Level past 1800 and reach the maximum of 1810 in Destiny 2. Pinnacle Gear can be earned through various end-game activities such as Nightfalls, Raids, Dungeons, and weekly challenges.
Table of Contents
What is Pinnacle Gear in Destiny 2?
Pinnacle Gear is rewarded for beating some of the most challenging activities that Destiny 2 has to offer, including Raids, Dungeons, and Trials of Osiris.
You will need Pinnacle Gear if you ever want to make the push past the Powerful Cap of 1800, as Powerful drops will no longer increase your Power Level.
To reach the Maximum Power Level of 1810, you will need to acquire as many Pinnacle drops as you can.
Pinnacle Gear will always drop at 2 Power Levels higher than your current Power Level, meaning it will take quite a few drops to bring your average Gear Score high enough to increase your Power Level.
Find out more about Power Leveling in our Max Power Leveling Guide.
How to Get Pinnacle Gear in Destiny 2
While there are a few easy methods to get Pinnacle Gear to drop, the majority of Pinnacle rewards are tied to some of the toughest end-game activities in Destiny 2.
Many of these activities will require a full Fireteam of at least 1800 Power Level Guardians to complete.
There are plenty of ways to obtain Pinnacle Gear.
- Root of Nightmares Raid: The newest Expansion Raid in Destiny 2 will always drop Pinnacle Gear on every encounter, meaning you can get four Pinnacle drops every week from this Raid.
- Weekly Featured Raid: Every week, there will be a new Raid on the Featured rotation. The final boss of this Raid will grant Pinnacle Gear.
- Dungeons: Both the newest Dungeon as well as the Weekly Featured Dungeon will drop Pinnacle Gear on the final encounter.
- Nightfall: Completing the 200,000 score challenge for Nightfalls will give you a Pinnacle reward.
- Duality Dungeon
- Weekly Campaign Mission: Complete the Weekly Lightfall campaign mission on Neptune for a Pinnacle reward.
- Weekly Exotic Mission: Complete the weekly Exotic mission on rotation for a Pinnacle reward.
- Partition: Weekly mission on Neptune.
- Trials of Osiris: Winning seven matches total and winning 50 rounds total will grant you two Pinnacle Gear drops. Going Flawless, achieving seven wins in a row without losing, will grant a Pinnacle reward once a week.
- Crucible Glory Rank: Reaching the Glory rank Legend will reward you with a Pinnacle drop.
- Seasonal Activities: Currently, eliminating enemies in Savathun’s Spire grants Pinnacle Gear.
- Exotic Quests: Exotic Quests that release with Expansions will drop as Pinnacle Gear.
- Legend Dares of Eternity: Getting a score of 250,000 during Dares of Eternity will reward Pinnacle Gear.
- Ritual Activities: Every 3 Strikes, Crucible matches, or Gambit matches you complete will reward Pinnacle Gear, up to 3 times.
- Vendor Bounties: Complete 8 Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit bounties for Pinnacle rewards.
If you aren’t sure which Pinnacle drops you still have available, you can check your Destinations tab for any yellow star icons.
If you don’t see any, then you will have to wait until the next weekly reset on Tuesday to refresh all of your activities.
New seasons can always bring new missions, Exotics, and activities that grant Pinnacle gear as rewards, so be on the lookout!
That is all there is to Pinnacle Gear!
What do you think is the easiest method for obtaining Pinnacle Gear? Are there any activities that I missed that reward Pinnacle Gear? Let me in in the comments!