The sidequest Secret of the Spring that you can do in Fractured Peaks in Diablo 4 does not provide the most intuitive guidance on how to complete it.
Not only do you have to guess what you need to do to complete it from a riddle, but the action you need to take also requires you to know how the Diablo 4 UI functions, making it a confusing task for many players.
Recommended Read: How to Cheer at the Training Militia in Diablo 4
To complete the quest Secret of the Spring in Diablo 4, you need to go down the stairs right above the Discarded Note that you accepted the quest from, then follow the path north-east until you reach a small pond marked by a blue circle on the map, and finally, you need to use the Wait emote to reveal a secret chest.
Table of Contents
How to complete Secret of the Spring in Diablo 4
Not all quests in Diablo 4 give you precise guidance on how to proceed. One of them is the Secret of the Spring sidequest in the Fractured Peaks zone.
The only information you receive from the Discarded Note that gives the quest is a riddle and a location on the map. On top of that, there is a specific UI-related action you need to do before you can complete it.
Here are the exact steps on how to complete the quest Secret of the Spring in Diablo 4:
- After accepting the quest, go down the stairs right above the Discarded Note.
- Follow the northeast path until the road splits in two.
- When the road splits in two, keep going north instead of taking the right or left road.
- You will reach a small pond just a few seconds after you head north from the crossroad. Stop there.
- Press “E” on your keyboard to open the emote wheel and click the “Customize” button.
- In the window that opens on the right side of the screen, scroll down in the “Emotes” tab until you see the “Wait” emote.
- Click the “Wait” emote and then select a slot in the emote wheel below to add it to. You can use the arrows on both sides to access the additional emote wheel tabs.
- Once you’ve added it to a slot, click the “Save Changes” button below.
- Now, close the emotes menu.
- Press “E” on your keyboard once again to open the emote wheel and use the “Wait” emote in front of the pond.
- A Buried Chest will now appear above the pond.
- Walk up to the Buried Chest and click it.
- You have now completed the quest.
While the riddle can be confusing enough on its own, it certainly does not help that the emote you need to use is not in the emote wheel by default, requiring you to add it manually before you can even complete the quest.
That’s how to complete the quest Secret of the Spring in Diablo 4!
Have any input or suggestions for this guide? Let us know in the comment section below.