To keep up with the increasing difficulty of enemies in Diablo 4, you need to grow stronger.
There are many ways to become stronger in the game, one of them being upgrading your items.
Recommended Read: How to Get Whispering Key in Diablo 4
To upgrade your weapons and gear in Diablo 4, head over to a Blacksmith NPC in any town, go to the “Upgrade Weapons and Armor” tab, right-click the weapon or piece of equipment in your inventory you wish to upgrade, and click the Upgrade button in the bottom-left corner. Accessories can be upgraded in the same way, but only at the Jeweler NPC. Upgrading weapons, gear, and accessories costs both gold and materials.
Table of Contents
How to upgrade weapons, armor, and accessories in Diablo 4
One of the ways to increase the power of your character in Diablo 4 is to upgrade your gear and weapons.
Upgrading gear is simple to do, but it can become quite costly later on in the game. The increased stats are worth it, though.
Here is how to upgrade armor, weapons, and accessories in Diablo 4:
- Go to either the Blacksmith or the Jeweler NPC (Blacksmith for weapons and armor, Jeweler for accessories).
- Click the “Upgrade Weapons and Armor” or “Upgrade Jewelry” tab at the top of the NPC window.
- Right-click the weapon, piece of equipment, or accessory you wish to upgrade in your inventory (it can also be the gear you are wearing).
- Click the Upgrade button at the bottom of the NPC window on the left side.
- Your weapon, armor, or jewelry has now been upgraded!
Upgrading items in Diablo 4 costs both gold and materials. The amount of gold needed, what kind of materials, and the number of materials depend on the item’s item power, rarity, current upgrade level, and type.
When you select an item to be upgraded, you can hover over the item under “UPGRADED ITEM” to see what stat increases the weapon receives upon raising the upgrade level by 1.
That’s how to upgrade weapons, armor, and jewelry in Diablo 4!
Have any input or suggestions for this guide? Let us know in the comment section below.