Project Zomboid is well-known not only for its incredible post-apocalyptic world but also for its collection of deadly weapons. Among these, a katana wins our hearts due to its damage and ease of use, making it one of the most commonly used weapons in Project Zomboid.
If you are new to the game, here’s where to find a katana in Project Zomboid.
Recommended Read: How to Fish in Project Zomboid
In Project Zomboid, a katana can be found in various locations throughout the game, including survivor houses, residential buildings, gun shops, pawn shops, or even in a dead zombie’s stomach.
Table of Contents
Where to Find a Katana in Project Zomboid
There’s a chance to loot the katana after removing a group of zombies in an urban area. But it’s rare, so you may consider finding one in other locations unless you’re fortunate.
The most popular place to own a katana is in survivor houses, marked with a green flag on the maps and typically found in urban or suburban areas. It’s important to note that some houses contain zombies or other survivors, so you should be cautious before entering.
Katanas can also be found or purchased in gun shops, where you can find survival supplies. Here are some specific gun shops you can look for:
- West Point Gun Range
- Knox Country Firearms
Or if you find any pawn shops on your way, you can come and find the katana. For example, the one in Louisville, KY.
Like survivor houses, residential buildings may contain katanas, but the probability is very low. Also, zombies often occupy these places, so prepare yourself first. Some common types of residential buildings include houses, apartments, parks…
In addition, it is uncommon to come across a katana lodged in a zombie’s stomach after 60 days of death.
How to Spawn a Katana in Project Zomboid
If you’ve already spent hours and hours searching for a katana, but the result hasn’t been as you’d wish, spawning it via the Project Zomboid cheat is the last and most immediate solution. Here’s how.
- Enable Cheat: There’s no cheat menu available in the vanilla game. However, you can enable it by following these steps:
- Right-click on the Project Zomboid game in your Steam library, then select “Properties”.
- Choose the “General” tab, look for the “Launch Option” box and type in “-debug” then close the window.
- Start the game.
- Locate the debug menu: A symbol that looks like a mosquito appears after enabling cheating. Left-click on it and choose the “Items List” section.
- Search the katana: Every item available in the game are listed in alphabetical order, you can scroll until you see it or type “katana” in the “Name” section. Then you click the “Add 1” button at the bottom of the menu to add the katana to your inventory.
This is by far the fastest way to obtain the katana.
That’s where to find a katana in Project Zomboid.
Although there are several places to find a katana, its rarity can be an obstacle. The journey requires patience, persistence, and a bit of luck to complete.