Synthweave is an important part of the fashion game in Destiny 2, allowing you to continually customize your Guardian with new Ornaments.
Today, we will cover how to use Synthweave, as well as a few ways you can get more.
Recommended Read: How to Get Seasonal Artifact in Destiny 2
To use Synthweave in Destiny 2, open the Appearance Customization menu to purchase Ornaments in exchange for Synthweave.
Table of Contents
How to Use Synthweave in Destiny 2
Fashion is as big a part of Destiny 2 as is loot and bugs.
Being able to customize the appearance of your Guardian is one of the many things that keeps players coming back to the game every week.
In order to customize your appearance, you need Synthweave.
There are three types of Synthweave, one for each Class. Synthweave Strap for Hunters, Synthweave Plate for Titants, and Synthwaeave Bolt for Warlocks.
Each of these Synthweave materials is used to unlock Ornaments that you can then use to change the appearance of your equipped armor. Find out more in our guide on How To Transmog Armor.
To use your Synthweave materials, open your Character menu and go down to the Appearance Customization menu. Select a piece of armor to get started.
Here, you can choose between all of the Ornaments and Shaders you have unlocked to customize your armor.
While browsing your unlocked Ornaments, you will also see many locked Ornaments that you don’t have access to yet. In order to unlock a new Ornament, you need to spend one Synthweave material.
You can see how many Synthweave Straps, Plates, and Bolts you currently have at the top of this menu.
After spending a Synthweave material and unlocking an Ornament, you will have that Ornament available forever.
How to Get Synthweave
If you are a newer player and don’t have enough Synthweave materials to unlock the Ornament sets that you want, then you will need to visit Ada-1.
She has a variety of Threader Bounties available for all of the playlist activities. Completing these bounties will reward you with 100 Synthcord.
You can exchange 100 Synthcord for 1 Synthweave material at The Loom right behind Ada-1.
Make sure you are on the right Character when turning in your Synthcord, as you will receive Synthweave material based on what Class you are playing.
You can complete 10 Ada-1 Bounties per Season, so be sure to pick them all up and get them done before the Season ends. Each Bounty has a random pool of tasks that it will pull from when you pick it up.
The Vanguard tasks are:
- Complete 4 Nightfall strikes or Grandmaster Nightfall strikes.
- Completing a GM Nightfall will complete this Threader.
- Accumulate 200,000 points in Nightfall strikes.
- Defeat 40 Champions in Nightfall strikes.
- Complete 4 playlist strikes or Nightfalls and defeat 200 combatants using Arc damage as a team.
- Complete 4 playlist strikes or Nightfalls and defeat 200 combatants using Solar damage as a team.
- Complete 4 playlist strikes or Nightfalls and defeat 200 combatants using Void damage as a team.
The Crucible tasks include:
- Capture 30 zones in Crucible Control matches.
- As a team, defeat 300 opponents in the Crucible.
- Personal final blows contribute significantly more progress.
- Defeat 75 opponents in the Crucible.
- Complete 8 Crucible matches and defeat 100 opponents as a team using Arc damage.
- Complete 8 Crucible matches and defeat 100 opponents as a team using Solar damage.
- Complete 8 Crucible matches and defeat 100 opponents as a team using Void damage.
For Gambit you will need to:
- Complete 7 Gambit matches and defeat 200 targets as a team using Arc damage.
- Complete 7 Gambit matches and defeat 200 targets as a team using Solar damage.
- Complete 7 Gambit matches and defeat 200 targets as a team using Void damage.
- Send and defeat 50 Blockers in Gambit.
- Defeat 30 Primeval envoys, high-value targets, and Primevals in Gambit.
- As a team, defeat 50 opposing Guardians in Gambit.
The Destinations task list includes:
- Complete 5 Wrathborn Hunts.
- Complete 10 public events on any destination.
- Complete 4 Empire Hunts on Heroic difficulty or higher on Europa.
- Defeat 50 powerful Nightmares on any destination or within Nightmare Hunts.
- Defeat 85 Champions, bosses, and high-value targets as well as loot chests on any destination.
- Open 15 chests awarded from completing the Altars of Sorrow on the Moon.
- Chests from higher tiers grant more progress.
- Open 10 chests awarded from completing the Blind Well within the Dreaming City. Chests from higher tiers grant more progress.
And lastly, the Raid and Dungeon Threader Bounties:
- Generate and collect 100 Orbs of Power in any raid or dungeon.
- Complete 2 encounters in any raid or dungeon
- Complete the final encounter of any raid or dungeon.
- Defeat 150 combatants as a team in any raid or dungeon using Arc, Void, and Solar damage.
- Defeat 50 challenging combatants in any raid or dungeon.
You should be able to passively complete most of these Bounties while going about your normal weekly activities in Destiny 2. You can only hold one Bounty per activity at a time.
After completing that Bounty, you can head back to Ada-1 and pick it up again, allowing you to stay in your favorite activity.
This is great for players who really enjoy Cricuble, Gambit, or playlist Strikes and don’t want to be bothered with queuing up into the other activities.
The only Bounty you will want to stay away from is the Destination Threader. Unlike the other Bounties, this one will often give you a very time-consuming task that you will need to go out of your way to complete.
Only having access to 10 new Ornaments every Season can make it difficult to unlock all of the Ornament sets. Missing even a single Bounty will set you back on your goal to collect all of the Ornaments.
Alternatively, you can purchase Synthweave materials using Silver, Destiny 2’s premium currency, though there are plenty of better things to spend Silver on.
Now you are ready to use your Synthweave to unlock Ornaments!
Are there any aspects of Synthweave that still confuse you? Feel free to leave any questions in the comments!