Suffering from a negative moodle, such as fever, may negatively affect your overall health in Project Zomboid. Therefore, it’s really vital to learn how to get rid of a fever.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to survive a fever in Project Zomboid.
Recommended Read: How to Get Leather Strips in Project Zomboid
In Project Zomboid, you can get rid of fever by finding a secure base and staying away from its causes. Lemongrass is the most effective way to treat fever, as it reduces fever by 12% per use.
Table of Contents
How to Survive A Fever in Project Zomboid
In Project Zomboid, fever is the last stage of sick moodle, which occurs when your sick moodle reaches over 90%.
In general, fever and queasy are stages of sickness, so they share the same symptoms and causes. However, the effect of fever is more significant and severe.
To survive a fever in Project Zomboid, the first thing you should do is to stay away from its causes as quickly as possible.
The following are some of the most common fever causes that you should avoid in-game:
- Eating raw/bad food: It takes 1.5 hours to reach a queasy stage when you eat rotten food. This severity keeps increasing if you still consume bad food after that.
- Drinking tainted water: Tainted water from lakes, rivers, or ponds can cause fever if consumed too much.
- Staying near many rotting corpses: You’ll suffer from fever after staying close to at least 20 zombie corpses in 22 hours (in-game time).
- Smoking: Consuming 8 cigarettes leads to the most severe sickness stage.
- Being wet: Staying outside when it’s raining for too long may make you fever as a result.
Next, you should find a safe place to rest and have a little bit of food. In that case, the fever percentage will decrease gradually.
Ultimately, consuming lemongrass is the quickest way to get rid of a fever, especially due to rotten food or zombie corpses that decrease your health.
You can quickly right-click on lemongrass and select “Eat” => “All” to reduce 12% of the sickness.
However, keep in mind that lemongrass is only effective the first time you use it, and you should wait 24 hours before using it again.
That’s how to survive a fever in Project Zomboid.
Have any suggestions for this guide? Let us know in the comment section below.